With my words, I hope to throw some oblique light upon your soul.
By writing this blog I want to inspire you and show you that–

***Change your life at any time to make it more magnificent!
***Live with little money and still have an excellent life.
***Be able to live life getting very little sleep.
***Live ANYWHERE in the world and still make your life a fantastic event!
***See experiences that will add to and make your life better.
***I want to inspire you as to the wonders of the earth.
***Perhaps this is my new “gig”, traveling the world doing the same?
***And, I’m not just, “Kitting Around”.
Design the life YOU want to live, NOW, then live that life!

The old days, me juggling 4 tennis rackets back in 1981

***Remember, to read past blog posts, go to kitsummers.com/blog/
***If you are reading this through Facebook, check out my blog on my website.
***If you are not my Facebook friend, yet, please befriend me.
***The freedom I am experiencing in my travels is a marvelous thing.
***Going where I want, when I want and seeing wonderful places and people.
***I will have places to show you and tales to tell.
***I will have secrets to unfold and good news!
I’m glad to take you on my journeys with me!
Just left Darlene and her Compu-Tech Auto Repair. She charged me an excellent price for great work done by Dan, I am so happy. Twice the wrong parts were delivered to them; I was there all day. But, I got to help Darlene get good at juggling scarves. An excellent experience I had today.

And, we got to talk a lot, I found out her husband is currently in jail on a false charge, as I was. I was in jail in 2010 for a month, Darlene’s husband has been for more than a year. She liked reading the words I wrote about being in the slammer, you can read the words at the end of this post.

She gave me a superb price for the work on my van. Earlier I had done work around her shop, cleaning and such, she counted that in toward my discount. So nice of Darlene.
Words to inspire you!

From my book series, Beyond Your Potential >>

One of the most common causes of a letdown is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary weakness. In these moments, we may feel like we can’t live up to what we desire to accomplish. I learned to get over this sort of thing through juggling practice. Often I would drop what I was juggling, but I would just pick up the club or ball or sword and try again.

Never confuse failure with momentary weakness. So many people will encounter a moment of weakness when trying something new or when attempting to stretch a limit and then assume they’ve failed and given up too soon feeling frustrated and defeated. Every individual is guilty of this mistake at one time or another.

We can convert that moment of weakness into success by reflecting on what happened and finding where things went wrong. Once we know what went wrong, we can try again and we can do it right. This process of reflection and correction is what leads us to success. The main thing is to keep driving forward.
Don’t believe you have to know everything about something in order to find success.
1/31/20—I’VE HAD ENOUGH!

City that is. I found a green park area, I aimed for “Phoenix Mountains Park.” I parked, opened a beer and ate a salad. Later I will have a can of chili, tasty chili at that. Sometimes I question this life I am leading, but other times, like right now, I would have nothing else (typing while looking at a huge cactus while I have a smile on my face.)

Back in my wilderness atmosphere, it’s like, I can breathe again. There are some cars up here, but very quiet and nice—the way I like it. Five days to spend until the LOWs get-together at Lost Dutchman State Park. I have no idea what I will do, but you will find out as I do.

I had wanted to spend the night parked up here at Phoenix Mountains Park, but see they close the gate at 7pm and everyone has to leave (and, nowhere to park and hide, I checked.) But, I will park and sleep as close to the park as I can.

So, I exited the park and went into the city. I went to a business area that did not have busy/noisy roads near. I found rooftop parking and here I am. It will be very quiet and dark tonight—a great end to an outstanding day.

February 1, 2020—Slept well on the rooftop parking lot, with the limited sleep I do get. Upon awakening, I could not take any more of the big city, so I headed north, to Apache Junction Library. A huge library, many using the services. So much nicer out here.


I hung my shower bag of water out on the van while I am in the library. Like I wrote before, the shower bag is clear on one side and black on the other. So, the black makes the water quite warm (hot) while in the sun. I put it out at about 11, will be getting clean in my shower later.

The water was warm and nice as I took my shower. I parked in the parking lot with just saguaro cactus behind me; no humans saw, only the cactus. As I wrote before, I get as clean in this shower as I do in any shower I have used. Then I went into the bathroom and shaved my facial hair. I usually use a battery-powered shaver, I use a blade about once a week to get a really clean shave.

At the library today I met Julie. We talked for a bit and exchanged phone numbers. We had talked about maybe doing some exploring together tomorrow. What a wonderful thing, I do hope it happens.

Here is about the beauty of the Apache Junction area >>

At the last food bank I went to they gave me a frozen chicken. It was in my cooler and I pulled it out, it had thawed. I was looking forward to making chicken tacos. I have never cut up a whole chicken, I made a mess of it (sorry for that, bird.) I cut up what I could, it was a small bird. Enough to cook up and make three scrumptious tacos.

I parked near the library at a condo complex. Saw a row of spaces toward the outside, so here I am. Very quiet, should be a silent night (but not a holy night.)

2/2—Julie and I finally connected about 1:30. She had some things going on today, so I will call me tomorrow about getting together. I hope so, I will let you know.

I went to a church this morning, one I read about having a food bank on Sunday. I was told to come back at 5pm for the food bank. It sounds like you have to sit through a church service first, so I will.

Back at 5pm, during the church service, I mainly saw an older crowd, and less than half full. There was a long “meet and greet”, people got surprised when I used my left hand to connect and shake.

This is at eastmesabaptist.com.

I did sit through the talk by the pastor. The seats were about half full, people just sat and listened. This guy was a fire and brimstone God talker. “You must believe in Jesus and be saved.” At all the church services I have been to (hundreds) the speaker just talks and everyone listens without questioning. This one was one of those, “Believe or be destroyed”.

When I am at these places (like this last one), I want to debate with the guy talking. I would first ask him, “Saved from what?” From what I can tell, saved from the punishment that will come from God if you don’t believe (wow, thanks God.)

I hear that it is a choice, believe and you won’t go to hell, or don’t believe and do. This is no choice, especially because I do not believe. I’ve been told you can just fake it, is this God that much of an idiot that he wouldn’t be able to tell? I hear that it is not God who sends us to hell, it is our choice, it is up to us. Me, I choose “not” to go to hell, so now the ball is in God’s court.

About 30 of the people were there at the service, like me, for food. This pastor was trying to scare the people into belief, is that the right thing to do?

2/3—Just met Rose Williams at the Apache Junction Library. We connected right away and we sat in the van and she did a video interview for her program. We are about the same age, hope we stay connected.

2/6—There’s gold in them there hills!

For a few days, I have been camped with the Apache Lows (Lonersonwheels.com) at Lost Dutchman State Park (I’ve looked everywhere, can’t find him.) Gold was found here in the Sonoran Desert many many years ago. Right near the town of Apache Junction in Arizona, a lovely area. You can see from the photos, some amazing mountains around here.

Lost Dutchman State Park is a 320-acre state park located near the Superstition Mountains in central Arizona, USA, and named after the Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine, a famous gold mine legendary among the tales of the Old West. 

I worked out with Trish, who is the president of LOWs National, and we are to trade my performance and the cost to stay here. Thank you so much for that, Trish. Trish was surprised that I was 60, she did not think I was older than 45, great to hear. In fact, I thought I was the youngest person here, but discovered there is a 59-year-old woman here. A fun group to be with, I must say.

This area is quite an amazing and unique area. The Apache trail once served as a stagecoach and freight wagon route from Mesa to Globe in Arizona.

This park has hot showers! It’s been so long since I had a “real” shower, felt great.

This such a wonderful way to see America.
I’m so ready to get back on the road.

My Challenge for You this Week >>
Unlike our ape cousins, humans need to exercise daily. When was the last time did weight lifting? Find those weights you bought years ago, or acquire some somewhere, then start using them daily. Let me know how your progress goes.
Next Blog >>
For some reason, I missed going to Petrified Forest National Park in the north of Arizona, so I will be stopping by there on my way to Amarillo, Texas. I should get some excellent photos for you to see.
Away in Jail
These words were written while in jail in 2010, you will learn more as you read on.

There I was, downstairs in my home-office doing work on my computer. The front door-bell rang. Surprised that someone would be at the door, I quickly ran up to answer. I was delighted to see that it was a Trainer police office whom I knew. I invited him in, wondering why he was at my house. A well-built man with a friendly smile, Officer Freeman told me I was to go with him to appear before a judge. What a shock to me this news was.

I asked him the reason for the visit before the judge, he told me that my next-door neighbor (Craig–someone who I never really got along with, although I always tried to be friendly with him) had reported that I had threatened to shoot him with a gun. I replied that I never would have said such a thing, did not own a gun, and never even fired a gun.

The police officer, who knows me and my character from knowing me already, would know I would not have a gun, could have simply said, “We had a call that you had a gun, we need to thoroughly search your house for any weapons”. They would not have found any, of course, and this whole thing could have been cleared up then and there. Yet, the officer told me I still had to go and talk with the judge.

So, with no time to prepare, I locked up my house and was escorted out to the waiting patrol car. The officer opened the back door and I looked into the backseat which had very little legroom. I knew it would hurt much to squeeze my legs in to fit, you see, my knee was broken recently and two pins were holding it together. In April I was riding my bicycle on Chichester Avenue and was run down by a truck. My body was broken much.

In fact, this was the second time I was hit by a truck. In 1982 I was working as a featured performer in Atlantic City and, while walking to the casino to be in the show, I was run down by a truck then, too, which included a 37-day coma. Anyway, much pain as I got into the back seat of the squad car.

First driven to the Trainer police station, quite surprised at the officers’ next words, “We won’t have to put the handcuffs on you, yet.” I’ve never even tried on those kinds of bracelets before, I could not imagine. In the police station, he did some paperwork and then, to my amazement, fingerprinted me and did mug shots—like a common criminal. Yes, things were building, getting worse.

Next, he drove me about 3 miles away to a local court to see a judge. By this time my mind was reeling with all these events, sent into a sad abyss. Again I had mug shots were taken and more fingerprints. My mind and heart were looking down a path that was very sad. The judge read the charges:

1) Terroristic threats with intent to terrorize another.

2) Harassment–subject other to physical conduct.

3) Disorderly Conduct Hazardous physical offense.

Shocked at these charges, there was nothing I could do; I was not allowed to say a thing. The judge announced that I was to go to jail for a psychological examination. Handcuffs placed on my wrists and placed into a van they use to transport criminals, I was whisked off to jail (no passing go, no collecting $200.)

I must say at this point I’ve never had trouble with the law (except a couple of traffic tickets), never been in handcuffs, and, of course, never have been in jail. My entire life had changed. Down I slipped into that sad abyss.

Because I was not allowed to make any phone calls or talk to anyone, no one knew I was taken to jail or where I was.

Who will take care of my four rabbits?

Who will get my mail?

What about the food in the fridge going bad?

Who will turn off my computer that was left on?

At this point, you have to remember that all of this was done with NO EVIDENCE, NO WITNESSES, NO PROOF and NO WORD FROM ME. All thrust upon me and I could not say a word in my defense. I was never read my rights and could not talk to a lawyer. Ripped away from my life and thrown in jail. Just think, it could have been you, they could have done this to anyone.

So, here I am, “hi jail.” I had to give them everything I had with me (I hope my debit cards are alright.) They even took my glasses. In my wallet, I had $555. If you have it, they automatically take $140 for the jail (theft?) They gave me blues, which every prisoner wears, including blue flats for your feet. A beautiful specimen was I.

After I got the “blues” on I gave a sad look goodbye to my other stuff. Off to, yes, the third set of mug shots and fingerprints (boy, I must have been a really bad boy.)

This story will continue, this is what I have to this point.

While incarcerated (the worst month of my life), I took pages and pages of notes. These are ideas generated to help improve the prison system, showing that many are in there for no good reason, which is costing the state much money (which the state does not have) and, many more subjects. This may develop into another book (I’ve written four.) Right now I am searching for an editor at a local paper, and hoping to go national, to work with to put together a magnificent story for your readers.
How can person #1 simply accuse person #2 of something, with no proof what-so-ever then person #2 ends up in jail?

Cruel and unusual punishment

The following are things that I discovered that are either cruel and unusual punishment, illegal, or just plain inhuman. In upcoming challenges, defendants will include Craig, the Trainer police department, the Linwood Court and the George W Hill Jail. When I typed these in I did so directly from my notes with no editing. The following are not put into any kind of order.


Sue for making false accusations.

Defamation of character.

Also, sue for throwing the big rock at me, there is a witness.

The Police

Was not allowed to use a phone to make any calls.

Was put into the squad car which had too little leg room, my broken was hurting much. I did say something to the officer.

With my brain injury, it was hard to comprehend all that was going on. Lost I was.

The officer who picked me up did not prepare me in any way for what I was about to go through. He could have said something.

Because the cops had to come to my home a number of times recently because I had some bad renters here who did bad things, I think the police had it out for me and just wanted to see me behind bars.

If the police thought that I had threatened to shot Craig with a gun, why did they not ask to search my home for any weapons? They could have done this before carting me off to jail and ruining my life.

Concerned about my home. Recently I had some theft at my house, and, with me not being there, my house is an open territory. When I return will there be anything left? The Trainer police are well-aware of this, I hold them responsible for any loses.

The police did not let me call anyone, never read me my rights. It did not prepare me in any way. They did not allow me to put my bunnies away in their cage. The four rabbits could be dead for all I know. Not knowing is driving me crazy–more cruel and unusual punishment.

As stated in the affidavit, the incident in which I supposedly threatened to got get a gun and shoot Craig happened on September 10. I was not picked up by the police until September 20. Why the delay? Something is VERY wrong here. Throw this case out of the ballpark.

The court

They brought charges without hearing my side of the story at all.

The judge did not allow me to say a word in my defense (defense of what, I did nothing). Not allowing a brain injured person to know anything about what is going on or say anything is cruel and unusual punishment.

The judge came too to a quick decision and sent me straight to jail.

It seems that this arresting me and taking me in was just done too quickly and without ANY evidence. No witnesses. Not discussed with me. Not thought on. Just–” Let’s send Kit to jail.” Regardless of the destroying of my mental state and life. Things like this should not be rushed, the judge rushed things much.

The Jail

When I arrived they took all of my possessions, including all cash. This would be an illegal search and seizer. There is no way you can pay your bail, even if you have the money with you.

They took my glasses, so my entire time at the jail I could not see. When I was finally released they did not have my glasses. While there I had put in many many requests for help in getting them back to me, including trying to contact medical–all ignored.

Never told anything–especially how long I might be in there.

Never received the inmate handbook that outlines much about the jail. I had to learn on

my own.

The first two days and night was in short term “holding cell” with 12 other people. This small room has a limit of 6 people, so, way over-crowed. Legally there is a limit of 24 hours to be in this cell, I was much over this amount of time. The ceiling light stays on all the time making it difficult to sleep. This small room has one toilet in the corner and was dirty, smelly and it was hard to breath. I had to sleep on the hard cold floor near the toilet with just one thin blanket, in trying to sleep on my side I bruised my hip which hurt much for days afterward.

While in the holding cell there was no access to be able to use a shower.

They refused me medical rights.

I was never advised that I could talk to a lawyer, never read my rights, never told ANYTHING! Just carted off to jail totally ignoring anything I might have to say.

Being my first time in jail I was scared. No one ever told me anything about what was going on–no help, no rights, no law.

Supposed to be allowed out of the cell for one hour each day–both days we were not allowed out at all.

By the evening of the second day have still not been able to use a phone to make my “one” call.

So, a blind (because they took my glasses), a head-injured man with a healing broken leg and shoulder put in jail with no rights at all.

Finally put into a cell with two other people. I have to sleep on the floor. Legally they cannot have more than two people in a cell. They put me on the floor by the door and toilet, a definite fire hazard.

In my mouth I have a 3-tooth bridge. When food gets in there it bothers me and eventually starts a cavity. I have a special tool that cleans that area. Of course, I do not have the tool, so, food is in there bothering me and starting a cavity. And, when we first came in they gave us a wimpy toothbrush that fell apart in a couple days and a toothpaste that tastes wicked. Here come the cavities. That toothbrush was never able to be replaced, I tried.

I am with all these other people, yet feel totally isolated. I am trying to read, alone in the room, but cannot concentrate. Being in here is effecting me much mentally–in a terrible way! As my mind slips away, I find myself talking to myself, yelling, making strange movements, hating life, wanting to die, not able to contain myself, shaking, repeating words over and over and . . ., cussing. I feel this is and has been very destructive to my mind.

Being in this cell there is no way to contact anyone. If I was dying there is no way to let anyone know. There is an intercom on the wall, but it does not work.

During this time in jail, I would have been calling farmers markets and events in which to sell my salsa. With Khalida’s help, I was getting back to salsa. So, by keeping me in jail I am losing out on thousands of dollars of income.

The reason the judge had sent me to jail was for a psychological examination. Perhaps that is what occurred yesterday when some young girl was asking me questions and wondering why I had to go through the questions, saying that I was intellectually sound. I was asked many questions by the young woman, she could find NOTHING wrong with me. Yet, I am still here fading away and losing my mind. I should have been set free after hear questions. Another illegality.

By bringing me in here they have killed my four bunnies! And, I have lost my house.

This is terribly embarrassing to be in here, as well as an insult to my character and reputation, worth thousands (millions?)

No one knows I am in jail. For all they know I could be dead, Must be upsetting many friends who care about me and may think I am dead (or worse). The time should be financially covered by someone.

From me not watering my plants they are dying–more loss.

They seem to want to cram as many people as possible in here to make the most money from the state. One guy I talked to was prescribed percocet for pain he had from a shoulder injury, these were prescribed by a doctor. He had some lose pills in his pocket and did not have the pill bottle, so the cops brought him in. Another person had simply missed an alimony payment.

I am a vegetarian. There is a side of vegetables at times or a muffin or bread, which I eat. Usually I am giving most of my food away. So, I hardly ate while in jail. They cannot “make” me eat the meat entrees and prepared food dishes. These days, with so many going vegetarian, the jail must change, keep up. I would love to see the judge or people working here live on this “food” for a week. Maybe even invite “George W Hill” to partake. More cruel and unusual punishment.

The only thing they offer for a drink (you have to stand in line to get it and they often run out) at meals is a cup of a very sugary, what appears to be, juice drink. I refuse to partake in this scary drink mix. They could simply offer cups of clean filtered water (no cost to them) and most people would grab a cup of this safer, more pleasant beverage. The only place to obtain water is at your sink/toilet assembly, the water tastes terrible, a metallic taste. I normally drink a lot of water, the best thing for you to consume. For me and many others, this is a terrible insult not to have access to clean, good healthy water. A tremendous injustice.

This is, supposedly, a correctional facility. From what I see, the George W Hill jail is just a place to eat, sleep, and play cards until your time is up. There of no retraining of people. People do not learn anything to help their future life. There are some smart “prisoners” here, even they could teach classes about their skills to teach people to use in the future. Some things must be changed here–dramatically.

I like to exercise, which is only good for people. Here at the jail, there is nowhere to exercise, just some cement where the basketball court is. Exercising will help people get better. The place is called “Correctional”, the exercise would help tremendously along those lines. Many would participate–only a good thing. Without the chance for exercise it is more cruel and unusual punishment.

The entire complex is kept too cold. You only get a small blanket to sleep with. I hardly slept some nights because I was too cold. File this under more cruel and unusual punishment.

When I first arrived at intake they took my glasses, I have not been able to see. I put in numerous requests to have them get them for me. Never heard a word. I could not see the TV to watch, could not do much while in jail. Basically, all I could do was read and write, which I did much of. This was a terrible injustice. When I was released they did not have my glasses, they had lost them.

When they put me in a cell they put me in a top bunk. There is no ladder to get up there. So, a blind, brain-injured man who has a broken knee and shoulder has to navigate up to the top bunk. I had reported these problems I had physically. It was very difficult and hurt much. I fell twice in trying to get up, hurting myself.

For a time I put my mattress on the floor so I would avoid having to climb up. But, this presented other problems. My broken knee hurt so very much when I had to go to a standing position. PAIN. Because it is a fire hazard, this is against the law, too.

Yes, the mattress was on the ground illegally. But, I have no worries, on none hardly checked our cell. When they did check they ignored the mattress on the floor.

These “security officers” here like much to watch TV. Often they will sit directly in front of the TV and were not watching the inmates. Often I did not feel safe, some scary guys here. These security officers would not be of any help. Scared. Cruel and unusual.

Losing out on much money being here rather than being in my office developing and building my businesses. Hard for my family. May lose my home. Much anguish on my mind. Definitely cruel and unusual punishment.

To be able to call out to someone you first have to give them their name and number then the number is approved. After 24 hours you can call this number. More then 48 hours ago I had put in my mom’s number with the correct paperwork. Talking to her is my only hope of remaining sane. Not remembering other people’s numbers, hers is my only hope. Yet, the number never did work, I had NO contact with the outside world. It feels like I am stuck here forever–destroying me–HELP! Tears, loneliness, frustration, no joy, no hope. Death come my way, please. If that is not cruel and unusual I don’t know what else would be.

I am suffering, I need help. The only contact for help is to see the “counselor”, John–and this guy does not help much at all. There is a person who is called “the runner”, Jimmy, who sets up people to see John. The only way to get ANYTHING accomplished it going through Jimmy. I must have made at least 15 requests to talk with him, all ignored. I had to try and go through him to get my glasses, to get a toothbrush (which I didn’t have the entire time there), and to answer questions. There is NO ONE to talk to to get anything accomplished here. There are the guards, but they know nothing (and act that way, too.) NO ONE TO TALK TO!

A rolled-up towel for a pillow. A mattress that is hardly padding on the steel bed. A blanket that is too thin to keep you warm. Sheets that were dirty and ripped when I got them, plus they didn’t fit right. Not able to sleep well because of this massive discomfort. Now, would this be filed under inhumane or cruel?

Is there no one from the state (or the planet Earth) who inspects this jail at all? So many faults, so many problems, so little organization (they are not even computerized), Such inedible food, no water to drink, no help of any kind, temperature too cold for humans, smells awful, toilet flushes too loud, guards are not nice, every day is exactly the same. Or, am I just complaining too much?

There is no “correction” in this correctional facility. Way too many people. Very noisy night and day.

I’m finding out that once they get people in here–IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET OUT.

October 1, 2010. All-day today they kept us locked up in our cells, only letting us out briefly for meals. As prisoners, legally, we “have” to be let out so much time each day. So, totally illegal.

All-day, shaking from the cold. Now it is 7pm–AND GETTING COLDER. Once again, tonight, I will not sleep. So much cruel and unnecessary punishment.

How can this jail just keep someone as long as they want and not do anything toward his release until they make the time and make it happen? They are in full control. They need bodies. As long as I am here they are making money from the state, no judge would go against it, and they don’t care about using up and wasting lives away, they just want money from the state, and, the state of Pennsylvania does not have money now.

I’ve talked with three different guys who are here because of “one” DUI infraction. Yes, a terrible thing, but why waste jail space and state monies when they could be at home with an ankle bracelet keeping them here–learning their lesson. That just shows that they just want bodies in here so they can make money from the state, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE.

Last night when the daily “big party” shut down at about 11pm, people got locked in their cells. Yet, two were left out. These two prisoners and two of the guards were talking, very loudly, as people were trying to get to sleep (midnight now). This unnecessary noise went on and did not stop. Finally, for everyone’s behalf, I went to the small window and banged on it to get them to stop so that we could get some sleep. The two inmates laughed at me, the two guards did nothing. Then, I heard one of them say, “He’s in jail, it doesn’t matter”, I think it was one of the guards who said that. I didn’t want to go bang on the small window a third time, the thing is, the two guards might take me to solitary confinement (I believe they could do that.) Now, don’t forget, these two are “getting paid” for watching TV and talking out there keeping us awake. Also, these guards have to be up anyway, so this is probably more enjoyable than whatever else they would be doing (like “work”?) Things finally settled down about, what must have been, 2am. Then, because of my anger and frustration, I could not return to sleep. Suddenly, 5am, time for breakfast. Like usual, the food was too disgusting for me to eat. The guy I gave it to was quite happy. So, no sleep again last night. What a cruel way to be punished. Once again, who is watching these guards, who are watching the prisoners?

So, I heard back from medical about the grievance I filed about not getting my glasses and about that psychological exam I was supposed to have done. They wrote that I was to contact the psychology department. Now, being in jail and not allowed to do most anything how can I contact the psych department? Totally ridiculous. WHAT CAN I DO FOR SOME HELP AROUND HERE?

Today we had an inspection of our cell. Because the air comes in so so cold from the vent, we had covered with small cardboard squares to stop the freezing air from coming in, making it somewhat comfortable. The guard saw the covers we put up and said we can’t do that, he locked up in until lunchtime. So, it is either freeze with the cold air or get locked in your cell. The guard who locked us in is the same guard who watches TV most of the day (once again, getting paid to watch TV.) Also, he is often sleeping in his chair, so he gets paid to sleep, too. There are so many things at this jail that are not right. Very cruel, very unusual.

Last night was the worst. The TV was on very loud until the normal 11pm locked in the cells time. Yet, last night the TV remained on. It got past midnight, I believe. There was still much noise out in the big room, I went to investigate. It ended up that they were cleaning and polishing the floor. During the day there are many hours when this could be accomplished, why in the middle of the night keeping everyone awake. I banded on my cell door window to get the guys’ attention to tell him to turn off the TV because people are trying to sleep. He said some things and I just said, “Turn it off, NOW!” He must have sensed my anger and passion, he obliged. But loud talking and the slamming of doors prevailed. I laid in anger in my bunk thinking, “Boy, idiots and so stupid.” There is no caring of concern about the humans who “have” to be here.

The “guys” are watching Eagles football on TV. I can’t watch because I can’t see without my glasses. Life is so different and difficult without sight.

Saw a security guard out yakking with three prisoners for at least one and a half hours, and, of course, getting paid for it.

I went to see the judge today. Before we went all of us had to have handcuffs and foot-cuffs (shackles) on, how demeaning. It was like you see in the movies, but scarier. When we returned from court, I was slow in getting out of the van; hard to walk with the chains on. People were telling me to hurry up, and, because I don’t have very much feeling in my right foot, I could not tell the chain was wrapped around my foot. I fell from the upper step of the van, could not put my hands out to protect myself, either. I landed on my left knee (the one that had two pins put into it in April) and my left elbow. I demanded to go to see the physician there, it was a physician’s assistant. He basically did a lousy job of putting a band-aid on it and said, “Looks OK, nothing broken.” Little did he know that internally it was hurting much. I was able to go see my doctor the next day and he took Xrays, could not see any problems. But, since this happened my knee has been hurting tremendously. Before this re-injury, I was able to walk up and stairs with hardly any trouble. Now, to ride a bike of go up and downstairs, much pain. My elbow and shoulder are hurting a lot, too. The pain is much much more because of this fall, I hope I don’t have permanent damage from it.

All those words were written while in jail, where I felt like I had no hope.
These memories from 2010 will stay with me for life.