*** To read past blog posts, go to >> kitsummers.com/blog/
*** If you are reading this through Facebook, check out my blog on my website.
*** If you are not my Facebook friend yet, please, befriend me.
*** Thanks, my wife, Beth, for editing and adding to each weekly blog.
*** I was hit by two different trucks, one involving a 37-day coma.
*** The happiness I am experiencing in my life is a marvelous thing!
*** I will have places to show you and tales to tell.
*** Secrets to unfold and good news!
BE TAKEN AWAY WITH ME
ON WONDERFUL ADVENTURES!
Change, we all go through changes, I’ve been through many.
From my book series, “Beyond Your Potential” >>
Make the Change!
Don’t be stuck in a job you hate, living in an area that disgusts you, in a relationship that is dead and going nowhere. You are never happy, you are never contented, and you are never satisfied.
This does not have to be!
If you need to, if it’s necessary, decide today, this moment, you are going to start your new life fresh. Yes, it might take money to do just that, but start anyway, and you will find a way. This is your life, don’t waste it in misery.
Change how you can!
Scrutinize your life and change things that are holding you back from progressing, things that you would “rather” do instead of what you “need” to do. When you change the things you can and abandon the things you can’t, you create space in your life for more joy, more expansiveness, less stress, and less bitterness.
A Fresh Start
At times in your life, and/or your work, you are crying out for a fresh new start (I can hear you now.) There is something magically freeing about wiping the slate clean and starting anew; as I had to do a few times. We only get this one life; you must change if you need to do so to stay happy. You may question your inherent capabilities after so many times when you may have failed. Yet, you can do it, you can change. Try a different direction in your life to change; make your life more interesting. I hope this book has provided ideas and ways to make change you need, my friend.
Stay with forward momentum
A fresh start begins with the hope that this time things will turn out better, or at least different, than how they currently are. Many people attempt geographical fresh starts. Others get excited with the freshness of a new relationship. Then there is that kid down the street with that new juggling trick. For some, it’s just reading a new book. More than half of us have started diets and exercise programs dozens of times. With every fresh start we blindly hope that this time will be different. Starting anew will mean nothing if you don’t make it the top priority and stay with the forward movement. There are so many ways and directions that we can aim with this newness. Starting afresh is not a one-time thing. Bring a bright new light into your existence often to create excellent life.
You’re at the Top!
Look at that, you are a top CEO at an international company. You make $1,800,026 a year. You live in a huge house with a wonderful family. Yet, you hate your life. Think about it, you have been intelligent enough to have driven yourself up to your current position, you must have smarts enough to change and get the life you want, now go for it! For many people money can be a factor, but in life, money is not as valuable as experiences and love.
Here “we” go – Again.
Some suggestions on beginning your new life:
- The first step in starting a new life is picturing the life you want. Where do you live? What kind of work are you doing? What type of relationship do you find yourself in? How are you dressing? What kind of friends do you have? What kind of toothpaste do you use? Examine the minute details of the life you want and write them down. Now, you don’t have to change every part of your current life, you can change small details, too. It’s your life, it’s your choice.
- Define what living your dream life means to you. It’s not as hard as it sounds. Just picture yourself at the end of your life and look back. Is this the life you truly wanted? What words would you want others to use to describe how you lived your life and who you are as a person? Also, ask, “How did I add to other people’s lives?”
- Sure, you have obligations. Decide what is more valuable, your commitments or your life. You may have a family; make them part of the change, too. It will add to their life as the change adds to yours.
- Every time you think “in the future” or “when I have time” – STOP – ask yourself, “Why not now, this instant?” Now, all of a sudden, look at that, you’re dead. All your ideas never came to be. Think about what you will tell yourself in years to come, “I always wanted to, but never did.” Start doing the things you always planned to do; start now. It’s your life, don’t waste it! Choose to start a new life every morning when you awaken. Plan one thing you will do that day to make yourself feel alive, something new and creative. Start today, my friend.
- Find somewhere else to live. That’s right, make the move! You’ve always liked the mountains, or you’ve always liked the city, or you’ve always liked the beach, or you’ve always wanted to live on a farm. Nothing is holding you back; move yourself to the place you like.
- Change your name and your identity, as my sister did. This can be done, legally, for a small fee. Doing so might free up your mind to get back on track in your life.
- Get the right attitude of the new you, the old you is a remembrance. You are an altogether new person now. You can be who and what you want. Have the confidence to go where you want with your future. Do whatever it takes to make you a better person.
- Make yourself a promise to make this change a top priority in your life. If you don’t, the life changes will never happen, and you will be stuck living the same awful life. What are four steps you can take today to jump-start your upcoming change?
- There are no limits to the number of times you can start fresh. You can completely start anew over and over again. You can and will always find the inspiration necessary.
- Change your life; you will thank yourself over and over again. What sounds better – this new life or your old life that was going nowhere and you did not like life at all?
You Are On Your Way – Congratulations!
You are on your way to becoming a new you. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your amazing change. You are happier now, and you are more satisfied with life. Turn to someone you know who is living as you used to, and maybe, hating life. Motivate them to make the change to improve their lives and help them along. As you do this, it will add much to their life, and add much to your life, as well.
LIFE IS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME – ARE YOU KEEPING UP?
WORDS TO INSPIRE YOU! >>
Inspirational quotes and motivational sayings have an amazing ability to change the way we feel about life and can change our thinking.
I find them so interesting, challenging, and important on our path to joy and happiness and finding ways to inspire ourselves and others.
Inspirational quotes and ideas give us a quick and timely burst of wisdom to get our focus back, offering the inspiration needed for the day or occasion.
I hope to inspire you with my words. Words have power.
How you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens in your life. It all derives from your quality of thinking.
When you improve the quality of your thinking,
you change the quality of your life—sometimes instantly!
Just as positive words can make someone smile, and/or a well-timed amusing quote can make someone laugh, your thoughts react to the world in real-time. You have this control!
You have complete control over only one thing in the universe — Your Thinking — and that’s where motivational quotes come in!
To keep your motivation, you have to use each day as an opportunity for improvement, to be better, and to get a little bit closer to your goals. It might sound like a lot of work—and with your busy schedule—next to impossible. But you can do it!
Self-talk is so important—THINK RIGHT!
Motivational words, yes, they’re just words.
But they’re positive words; they will keep you on track.
Don’t forget, you are only as young as the last time you changed your mind!
Keep your thoughts and self-talk fun and productive, and always reach for more advancement.
EVEN IF YOU START LATE, ARE UNCERTAIN, OR DIFFERENT –
YOU CAN STILL FIND SUCCESS!
VERY LITTLE IS NEEDED TO MAKE A GREAT LIFE.
I HOPE THE FOLLOWING WORDS ABOUT CHANGE INSPIRE YOU >>
It’s often said that change is the only constant in life. Yet humans are evolutionarily predisposed to resist change because of the risk associated with it. Despite this resistance to change, it is more important than ever.
Napoleon once said, “One must change one’s tactics every 10 years if one wishes to maintain one’s superiority.” In today’s society, the pace of change is immensely faster, and it will only continue to accelerate.
Organizations and people that don’t embrace change are bound to lose ground and stagnate. When you are anxiously anticipating a change—or amid a challenging one—grab one of these quotes to help you plow through it.
The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. -Arnold Bennett
Change is inevitable. Change is constant. -Benjamin Disraeli
When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. -Benjamin Franklin
The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change. -Bill Clinton
The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress. -Charles Kettering
If you don’t like change, you will like irrelevance even less. -General Eric Shinseki
Change means that what was before wasn’t perfect. People want things to be better. -Esther Dyson
Resistance at all cost is the most senseless act there is. -Friedrich Durrenmatt
If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. -Gail Sheehy
Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. -George Bernard Shaw
When people shake their heads because we are living in a restless age, ask them how they would like to life in a stationary one, and do without change. -George Bernard Shaw
I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better. -Georg C. Lichtenberg
He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. -Harold Wilson
Change before you have to. -Jack Welch
People can cry much easier than they can change. -James Baldwin
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. -John F. Kennedy
Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. -John Kenneth Galbraith
Be the change that you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
Your success in life isn’t based on your ability to simply change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business. -Mark Sanborn
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. -Maya Angelou
I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. -Mother Teresa
The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance. -Nathaniel Branden
Change your thoughts and you change your world. -Norman Vincent Peale
STOP MAKING EXCUSES—YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE STOPPING YOU!
COMPOSE A NOBLE BOOK AND WRITE A BEST-SELLER.
YOU ARE AMAZING—PLAY YOUR PART!
10/10—Beth was not feeling well today. I took care of her as I could. She took a sick day. How does she take a sick day when she is retired? But, she did report to me—her boss.
10-11—Just in this area, there are so many new places to see around here. Beth and I went exploring, we saw great sites—barns, fields, cows, chickens—so much. How about where you are, have you explored?
Tonight Beth treated us to all you can eat Chinese food. When I go to one of these places I do eat—all I can! I did eat much, good food. If you’re in the area, give them a try.
10/12—As you know from last week, today I was going to have surgery on my hand. I got all lay-ed out and they were going to start putting me to sleep. Then they saw my arms. I had been working on the bunny hutch and had many cuts and injuries, mostly from the ends of the wire. So, the surgery will come later, you will hear.
Back to the woods on Mill Pond road. So much to see, much beauty.
10/13—Our programs were not coming in. The cable guy, not Jim Carrey, but Tripp from Abbeville, came by to straighten things out. He told me he never did learn how to juggle, but he always wanted to. Beth showed him the article in the newspaper about my entertaining an audience at the library, which I wrote about last week.
So, of course, I had to instruct him, and he did learn fast. He was excited to learn more about me as Beth told him about my past juggling history. We had a fun time.
10/14—Back to Lowes to get more supplies to finish the hutch. Making much progress.
Each week goes by so quickly. You have control of your life, make things different for your life daily, and live your life to the fullest!
YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK > >
Each day this week, do something different and “NEW”!
Use a word you have never used before . . .
Try using a different language for some of your speech . . .
Clean the kitchen, something you have been putting off.
Write a post that will help others.
Do something new, daily, then keep doing it for the rest of your life.
NEXT BLOG >>
We’ve designated a side yard exclusively for bunnies.
As hutches are built, you will find out next week.
MAKE YOUR LIFE
THAT YOU CAN