The Wanderings of Kit (Do you wander or just wonder?)
With my words, I hope to throw some oblique light upon your soul.
By writing this blog I want to inspire you and show you that–
YES—YOU CAN > >
***Change your life at any time to make it more magnificent!
***Live with little money and still have an excellent life.
***Be able to live life getting very little sleep.
***Live ANYWHERE in the world and still make your life a fantastic event!
***See experiences that will add to and make your life better.
***I want to inspire you as to the wonders of the earth.
***Perhaps this is my new “gig”, traveling the world doing the same?
***And, I’m not just, “Kitting Around”.
Design the life YOU want to live, NOW, then live that life!
***Remember, to read past blog posts, go to kitsummers.com/blog/
***If you are reading this through Facebook, check out my blog on my website.
***If you are not my Facebook friend, yet, please befriend me.
***The freedom I am experiencing in my travels is a marvelous thing.
***Going where I want, when I want and seeing wonderful places and people.
***I will have places to show you and tales to tell.
***I will have secrets to unfold and good news!
I’m glad to take you on my journeys with me!
Just sent my latest blog, hope you enjoyed the read. It is Friday, I just found out the library is closed on the weekend, what will I do?
Saturday was my seventh day of not eating any solid food, only drank green tea and Bud Light. Really my non-eating did not affect me in the slightest. I kept up my strength, didn’t get hungry and felt great.
Next time for two weeks?
I still feel like I am just, “spending time”, until I die. I think, without having a clear goal in our mind, that is what we do. I want to find a way to inspire the masses to live a better life. So, I guess, right now writing this is my main goal. I hope it is inspiring you. Please let me know.
I am discovering what is truly important to me. Seeing the earth and traveling to new experiences holds the highest place in my mind. If you are retired, if you are financially able, I highly suggest you get on the road like I am and learn new things, it will fulfill your life like nothing else can.
Skulls were for sale at a few vendor stalls, YIKES!
I am also seeing that love and caring are so very important to this world. Life is not about imagined perfection or triumph, it is about love. Love can be like a sword; wherever it cuts, it gives life, not death. Make your sword of love stronger all the time. The key is to help and love others, it does not matter who spread this love ever bigger and stronger.
Remember, the fulfillment and joy of life come from our encounters with new experiences. I have found no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon. For each day I love finding a new and different sun open before me.
We all have responsibilities, but what is truly important to you?
If you want more out of life, and you are able, lose your inclination for monotonous of how your life might currently be. Examine your life and decide what is truly important to you. I have found that nothing is important, we each make what is truly important to each of us.
I have lived well, lost everything—gone up and gone down.
This roller coaster ride has been a delicious life. If you can, adopt a helter-skelter lifestyle to your own life, you will find joy. I might seem crazy to you, but it can be so fulfilling to really live life. Once you become fully used to such a life you will see it’s full meaning and beauty.
I have not tired of the wilderness, never will, I believe. There are always new things to see and new adventures to aim toward. I go in and out of cities, but always return to where I belong, the wild parts of the earth. I greatly love the beauty and the vagrant life that I lead.
I have been fortunate, I have not had to lead a life of the routine and commonplace that many people are forced to endure. Remember, you can ALWAYS change your life if you so desire! The cost of my traveling life is really very low, and there are hundreds of people who work out of the RV or van to acquire money.
There are many videos on YouTube to show you have to build a van to live in and how to live this life. I am here, always, to help, too.
If you start living this lifestyle, please keep me informed about your progress!
I do not see myself settling down, although, this lifestyle can be lonely; I am glad you are there. I have known too much of the depths of life and what this world has to offer. The freedom I am finding in the lifestyle is truly first-class.
I urge you, if you have a way, try this lifestyle out for yourself.
Words to inspire you!
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”
- “Here I am . . . wanting to accomplish something and completely forgetting it must all end—that there is such a thing as death.”
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined actions.”
- “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”
- “Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.”
- “A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.”
- “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.”
—David Joseph Schwartz
- “Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.”
—Roy T. Bennett
- “Believing in yourself is not for you; it’s for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now.”
- “Clarity precedes success.”
- “A lack of clarity could put the brakes on any journey to success.”
- “Clarity affords focus.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.”
- “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run towards it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your foot.”
- “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.”
- “Commitment is an act, not a word.”
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.”
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
- “Self-confidence is the memory of success.”
- “Without self-confidence, we are as babes in the cradle.”
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear.”
- “Failures are made only by those who fail to dare, not by those who dare to fail.”
—Lester B. Pearson
- “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
- “Dare to dream, but even more importantly, dare to put action behind your dreams.”
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
- “A vow is fixed and unalterable determination to do a thing when such a determination is related to something noble which can only uplift the man who makes the resolve.”
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal—a commitment to excellence—that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”
- “You can do anything as long as you have the passion, the drive, the focus, and the support.”
- “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.”
- “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.”
- “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”
- “Envisioning the end is enough to put the means in motion.”
- “I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me.”
- “Excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude.”
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.”
- “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
- “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.”
- “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.”
MY DAILY JOTTINGS >>
1/11/12—Started eating again this morning, starting with fruit; it’s been a week, you know, I did not eat anything for a full week, only drank green tea and Bud-light. I never did get hunger pangs, I could have kept it up for a longer time, perhaps next time?
The library was closed today. With no one around I set up and jumped in my shower how I always do – yes, a naked Kit outside the van. It felt great to be clean. I always make sure no one can peek.
Went walking around Quartzsite, many vendors already set up, yet it does not really start until the 17th. Kind of like a huge swap me it is. I expect there will be hundreds of vendors setting up. I bought a new small cookie sheet, which I keep under my wood fire stove in the van. I do all I can to be safe with this stove, so I can keep writing to you.
There were many people selling amazing looking rock. The wonders of the earth are just a marvel to see (hi, Cindy.) Also, as you see from photos, people had big skulls for sale.
Another nice and clear day today, perhaps near 80f. I just talked with my sister, Sandy, who lives up near Portland, Oregon. It is freezing up there, so glad I am down here.
Near the end of the day, a vendor offered me a free bag of Kettle Corn, I took him up on his offer. As you know, I recently was not eating anything, I nearly consumed the whole bag, not because I was hungry, simply because it tasted good and was something to do.
1/12—Stayed busy most of the day just walking around Quartzsite and seeing people vending. Sunday today, no, I didn’t go to church.
For three nights in a row I have eaten about 4pm, lunch and dinner combined. I made my delicious street tacos, pork this time, with a tasty and spicy mix I made.
Adult Day Care– HA
Here is about Mexican street tacos >>
1/13—The library opens at 8am. Since I slept right near the library, I was here at the opening. Watching videos, reading the news, writing to you. I spent all day here, then went out to make and eat my tacos.
1/14—Back north at Parker, Arizona to take care of some business and to get water from Walmart. Then I went to the library in town, as I have gone to this one before.
1/15—It gets so cold at night, I am using two blankets over my sleepy bad, so I stay warm. About a half-hour before the sun makes an appearance, I start my propane heater. Then, as the sun is making an appearance, I start my wood stove to heat water for tea.
When I stay in one place I have no costs, food I get from food banks, so no cost there. Really, my only cost out here is for fuel. So, I will clean the van windows and find other tasks to take care of today.
1/16—As you see, nothing much happening this week.
Last night I made rice!
It turned out perfect!
First time in the van. I did not have a measuring cup, so I used a plastic container I had. I forget that it will make two times the rice you put in, so I ended up making about five cups worth of rice. I made the rice on my wood stove. I ate the rice last night along with chili, will use it in other ways, too.
The big RV show I am here for officially starts tomorrow. So, I will be sleeping by the library and go there quick early to get a good place to park for the day. Then it will be back to the library to get this blog off to you, then back to where the LOWs group is parked.
Jugglers–these are antique wooden cigar boxes–THE REAL THING!
1/17—I actually slept overnight at where the large RV show takes place. I know it is mighty difficult to find parking during the day, so an early arrival and a great place to park the van.
My Challenge for You this Week >>
You know that last week I did not eat for the entire week. My challenge to you is to go without eating for four days. Make sure you keep drinking liquids, your body will be alright for the days you do not eat. Please get back to me on how it did for you, like the weight you will be losing.
Next Blog >> With over 150,000 people expected at the RV show, I will let you know all about the happenings. Then I will be heading east and south from Quartzsite, Arizona. Are you on the way, may I visit you?